Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Eddie Herr Preview; Masters'U Begins Thursday; Top Seed Black Upset in Yucatan Cup

The main walkway at the IMG Bollettieri Academy

This will be my last post until Friday, as I celebrate Thanksgiving with my family in North Carolina before heading to the Eddie Herr.

My preview of the Eddie Herr tournament, an annual project for me, is available today at the Tennis Recruiting Network.  Especially for the younger age groups, I use it to help myself, and I hope my readers, become familiar with some of the names that will surface in the next three weeks in Florida.

Thanksgiving in France is on the menu for the members of the United States' Master'U team, which is an international team competition for college players. Mitchell Frank of Virginia, Marcos Giron of UCLA and Peter Kobelt of Ohio State are on the men's team, with Robin Anderson of UCLA, Lauren Herring of Georgia and Sabrina Santamaria of Southern California making up the women's team. Cal women's head coach Amanda Augustus and Boise State men's head coach Greg Patton are the coaches.

Follow the weekend's action at the tournament's website.

At the ITF Grade 1 Yucatan Cup in Merida, Mexico, top seed Tornado Alicia Black lost in the second round on Tuesday, to fellow 15-year-old Tereza Mihalikova of Slovakia 7-5, 7-5.  Usue Arconada(9), Katrine Steffensen(3) and Rianna Valdes are the three US girls into today's third round.

Top seed and defending champion Filippo Baldi of Italy is through to the third round. The two Americans still remaining in the boys draw are Alex Rybakov(13) and Ulises Branch.

0 comments: