Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Nevolo Commits to Illinois; ITA Indoor Draws; Rafter on Too Much Junior Tennis

Blue Chip recruit Dennis Nevolo has verbally committed to the University of Illinois, and I had an opportunity to talk with him about it last week for this story on the Tennis Recruiting Network. Only two more weeks until verbal commitments become signed ones and that will generate more news, this time not from the recruits, but from the SIDs in college athletic departments.


The ITA Indoor starts Thursday in Columbus, and I'll be reporting from my fourth straight Indoor beginning that evening. For the draws and schedule, click here.

Pat Rafter thinks Australian juniors are stalling their progress by not playing professional tennis soon enough. Linda Pearce of The Age reports his thoughts and those of Craig Tiley here.

Draws and results for this week's Grade 2 in Lexington, South Carolina are available at this link.

I am still making my way through the comments I received when I was away for the weekend; I'll try to get the backlog taken care of on Wednesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Collette,
I was wondering where top prospect Waylon Chin will be going next year. Nothing has been said about this great talent and his future. I was wondering if anyone had any idea. I saw him play recently at an ITF and his strokes were looking amazingly clean, I think if he doesnt get a great college it would be a shame. Such a talent. If anyone knows, write back. THANK YOU

Anonymous said...

Peter,

Waylon Chin just signed with Illinois. He will join the team in January.