Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Another Unstrung Review; Technical Difficulties note

First, if those of you who receive the FeedBlitz emails are checking to see what's happened to zootennis the past two days, the answer is nothing. I've been posting as usual, but the emails are mysteriously not getting sent. Technical support hasn't been available to figure out the problem, so I just thought I'd make sure you know that it's an issue that needs solving from their end.

Marcia Frost of collegeandjuniortennis.com went to the Tribeca Film Festival to see Unstrung on Thursday, and posted this review on her website. Unlike the others who have reviewed the movie, Marcia is a junior tennis expert, and she's pointed out several errors that will undermine its credibility with those who know the sport at this level. She also mentions that Sam Querrey seems an afterthought; that is really unfortunate, because I know the filmmakers did visit his home and school, following him with as much interest and detail as the rest of featured players.

I agree that there hasn't been much in the way of publicity for the debut; the Kalamazoo Gazette, which did several features on the filming when it was done here in 2005, has yet to acknowledge the premiere, probably because they don't know it's happened. Courier seems to do a great job promoting his Outback Champion Series tennis events--I get an email every other day on that--so I don't know why the documentary isn't getting the formal PR treatment.

Also, I want to thank everyone for all their comments recently. Most have been very fair and perceptive, and I think the Best College Team Ever? post has been enhanced greatly by your perspectives. I've only been covering college tennis for three years, so I certainly don't have the background to make any definitive pronouncements, and I welcome hearing your thoughts.

0 comments: