Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Wednesday, October 4, 2006

One of Those Days


©Colette Lewis 2006
Tulsa, OK--

I love to travel. But if I have too many more days like I had today, I'll have to rethink that statement.

Thunderstorms plagued Michigan all day. I was ninety minutes late leaving Kalamazoo, and was in a bumpy holding pattern over Detroit with the pilot mentioning wind shear, which, for me, is just too much information. When we finally landed, I thought I had missed my connecting flight in Detroit because of a malfunctioning monitor, but it turned out that flight was delayed just long enough for me to make it. We eventually arrived here two hours late, but my bag didn't. I had hoped to attend the opening reception of the ITA Polo Ralph Lauren All American Championships, but instead spent the early evening trying to cope with an unhelpful Northwest employee and her "Luggage Irregularity Report."

I still don't have my bag--I'm told it will be delivered around midnight--but I have my computer and my camera, so I've got the important stuff. Matches begin tomorrow at 8 a.m. central time, and according to Casey Angle, the ITA's Director of Communications, the doubles action will continue well past 8 p.m. tomorrow night. With all that tennis ahead, I need my rest more than I need my clothes!

0 comments: