Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Junior Tennis Documentary in the Pipeline:: Pro Tennis Fan

Pro Tennis Fan: Junior Tennis Documentary in the Pipeline
One of my favorite blogs found this brief mention of the Zoo movie in a Tennis Week story about Jim Courier.

To my knowledge, it's the first time Courier has discussed the project with anyone in the tennis press. I can tell you that it is definitely happening--preparations are underway for shooting here in Kalamazoo next month during the Nationals. I also understand that a small film crew might be in DC for the Clay Courts.

I can't imagine a more interesting documentary myself, but it will have to appeal to a bit broader audience than junior tennis geeks like me. But if "Spellbound" could make the National Spelling Bee fascinating, I've got to think that the pursuit of success in a global sport offers substantially more riveting possibilities. Stay tuned.

0 comments: